Tuesday, September 11, 2012

One of our babies died...


12 years ago I received a call on my daughters birthday from a good friend of mine and she wasn't wishing a happy birthday.

She said...

"Omg, they just brought a baby into the ER that is blue, his mom forgot him in the car when she went into work!"

My very first thoughts, having a 2 year old at the time, was "yeah right".. I did not not even think there could be a possibility of that happening!  I mean.. how do you forget your child?!

We talked for only a short minute because we were off to celebrate my daughter's birthday; and have a party.  However, during this short conversation we discussed our thoughts and opinions; and nether of us thought that something this bad could realistically happen.

A few short hours later I received another phone call from a co-worker which I worked with at a daycare center.  I assumed she had heard about the baby and was calling to tell me about it all... but I was so wrong!

... Sobbing and barely able to get her words out, she said; " One of our babies died!" and I was speechless!!

It is amazing how my thought process changed so quickly after knowing who this mother was personally; and knowing without a shadow of a doubt that she would have never hurt the baby intentionally!!  (However, as a mother I did still wonder how this could be possible.)

I learned that day that we all have gut instincts when it comes to any tragedy, and we have opinions based on those beliefs/thought as well; but they are so different when we know the people involved and have a personal connection.

The media tore her apart, and she barely made it through..and finally having to move to another state to move on with her life because of the people who could not stop judging.

4 comments:

  1. It's so easy to judge, but until we are that sleep deprived parent, pushing ourselves to limits our body was not meant to endure, will we then understand. I cannot imagine the pain, guilt and helplessness. May time heal all wounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! The mother in this story was a young mother that was taking care or her elderly grandparents and one was dealing with cancer. Her mother had been taking the baby to daycare for about a month; but that morning she had to. It was a horrible thing; and I am sure that she will beat herself up forever for it. I only hope that she is able to get some peace with it, where she can have a good life.

      Delete
  2. The story isn't foreign and there are so many like it, I keep them all in my prayers 'cause God certainly knows I'm not perfect! Thank you for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same; and am not perfect either, by far! (lol)


      **By the was... I checked out your site; and have to say the chocolate's look Delicious!! :)

      Delete