Friday, September 14, 2012

Do's and Don't of finding a babysitter??


   Our 15th Wedding Anniversary is approaching in 2 weeks; and I am excited to get a night out with my husband.. Finally!  It seems like forever since we had a night out, just us; because it is hard to get a sitter or it may be that I just don't like asking other people that have busy lives to watch my kids.  I don't know which one; probably a little of both, but I know it has been a while since we got to go out and I am excited.

  Both of our parents have medical issues that prevent us from imposing on them unless need-be; however, they never say no when we ask. We try not to ask unless it is an anniversary or special occasion, and this is one of them!! :)

  I have never really left my kids with anyone that wasn't family or a very close friend because I was a stay-at-home mom and when we did go out we went together; other than on the special occasions in which our parents or close friends volunteered.

  However, sometimes it would be nice to get out once a month again, like we used to when our parents heath was better; because date night ain't as fun when you are staying home. (lol)

 But.. what are the do's and don't when it comes to finding a sitter?  I know a few of the top ones would be the following..

They must be ..

  • Good with kids (references to back that up)
  • Trustworthy
  • Respectful
  • Good student
  • No criminal background
  • My kids like them
  • and so many more!


  So, I would like to hear what you think.. you can comment here or join the conversation in the community discussion on  Who do you leave your kids with when you need a night out?  If, your babysitter is not family; How did you find the babysitter you use?

 ...  I want to hear all the do's and don't of finding a babysitter!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment