Friday, May 8, 2015

Life Is Short

A friend of mine lost his granddaughter this week, 3 years old, I couldn't imagine.  As I have read post after post from him, his family, her mom, and many friends on Facebook it made me appreciate the time I have with my children even more!

The accident was horrible and according to the news the mother may face charges... I understand the law, but living with this is enough, I think!  Accidents happen, we are all human and make mistakes; and sometimes I think that the affects on you afterwards has much more impact than anything the law could throw at you!!

As I read her posts today my heart broke.. I can not even begin to imagine the pain she feels with losing her beautiful daughter; and her brother as well.  (If you pray, please add them to your prayers)

Life is short... Hold the ones you love and tell them as often as you can!!

Social Media is a great way to keep in touch, don't get me wrong; but pick up the phone and call the people you care about or visit if you're close by.  I've seen people telling their moms happy mothers day on Facebook all day, and I hope that they don't forget to make that call on Sunday and say it... not just tag them in a post.

I know some of you are thinking that you would never let that happen, but I am sure many will forget!

Birthdays, mothers/fathers day, and other special occasions deserve a call in my opinion; too many times I have seen people close to me crushed because they didn't get that call that they wanted to get so bad!

Life is short and we never know if we have tomorrow!  Make time to tell show the people you love, just how much you do!  If you pass tomorrow, don't leave them wondering if they were important to you or without memories that they'll cherish every day after!




No comments:

Post a Comment