Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How to Set & Accomplish Goals in Life

Some people make it look easy reaching goals in life, while others struggle to accomplish theirs... Why is this!?

Are there steps they follow?  Does it have anything to do with the their upbringings, support system, self confidence?  Is there a 'big secret' that others could learn from....  

I have often struggled over the years accomplishing any 'Goal' that I have set for myself.  (lol) In my defence, these goals normally focused on weight-loss; and we ALL know how hard that can be.. Either from a personal standpoint or seeing it with family or friends.  However, I have recently accomplished a life goal when I wanted to go back to school.. I have received my Associates Degree and 1/2 way through my Bachelor's, this is an amazing feeling of accomplishment in my life.

How did I accomplish this Goal?  and What things did I use to help me?  I've thought about these things a lot because I want to use the answers to help me set and accomplish new goals in my Life; and help others do the same!! :)   

So... here are a few tips that I believe will help us accomplish the goals we set in our lives!

  1. Define the Goal .
  2. Write down the reasons WHY the Goal is important & how life will change because you did it! Journal along the way to express the challenges and successful times.
  3. Create a detailed Plan... Creating Goal Charts, Steps Lists, etc. can help with this task!
  4. Believe that you can accomplish the Goal you have Set... "Never say you CAN'T do it!"
  5. Stay focused.
  6. Don't beat yourself up if you slip.. Just dust yourself off as having a bad moment and pick up where you left off! 
  7. Reward yourself in the little accomplishments.. every step is ONE step closer to the overall Goal! 
  8. Revise the Plan 1/2 way through to define new visions that will help in accomplishing the Goal.
  9. Read the statements from step #2 often (daily could have great results) and continue to document the journey (this will help with future goals).
  10. Vision Success & KNOW that it is accomplishable... Tell yourself daily that "YOU CAN DO IT!"
I hope that these simple things in combination with self determination can and will help set and accomplish all of the future goals in Life! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment