Sunday, July 14, 2013

Being a Mom in School

   In March of 2010, I returned to school after many years and it took me a while to get a schedule that allowed me to do get the housework and all of my school work done while the kids were at school themselves.  Soon I got the hang of things and had a schedule that worked for everyone, but as the classes grew harder, so did the effectiveness of my schedule because it was taking longer to grasp the material.  However, somehow I still managed to make good grades and pass my classes!

    A little over a year ago I returned to work, adding more weight on my shoulders; but determined to still accomplish what I set out to do!

   Being a mom in School is Hard!!  However, I think that allowing my girls to see me working hard at a better future is rewarding!

   With everything that has been going on personally, I was thankful that I was taking an elective and not a class that required so much of my time reading and writing papers; but I honestly enjoyed learning more about Photoshop and do wish I would have had more time to play with all the cool features (lol).

   When class ended, I knew it was time from a break!  I have been taking class after class, back-to-back for a while now and I am about to take a difficult one; therefore, I decided to take 2 weeks off and just relax a little bit and get some things done that I have been neglecting in the house (ugh.. I know, but it's gotta be done).

    Being a mom in school is hard, but You know what?... You never know what you are made of until you push yourself to accomplish it!

    I have been going for a while, forever it seems; and I have been feeling discouraged and worn out because I had been taking Maths and other classes that don't reflect on what I am going to school for.  BUT.. after this next one is over.. I have nothing but the degree classes I am studying left.. woo hooo. I can't wait to be done!!  I will be finished and accomplished a huge goal in my life; and that will be well worth it all!!

   If I can do it.. then so can you!! ... Go after what you want in Life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment